james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GSoC2012] Feeback so far?
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2012 18:30:49 GMT
Hi Mihai,

Lucene4-Alpha is on its way to be released and it would be great that
you develop on the snapshots (waiting on the official release).

There are some changes in the API, so better to no refactor after, and
to benefit from goodies such as AppendingCodec and other features you
can read on Mike's blog (http://blog.mikemccandless.com/)

You can define the lucene4 maven snapshots adding the following
repository in your pom:

       <repository>
          <id>lucene-solr-jenkins-trunk</id>
          <name>Lucene/Solr Jenkins trunk</name>

<url>https://builds.apache.org/job/Lucene-Solr-Maven-trunk/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/maven_artifacts</url>
          <layout>default</layout>
          <releases>
            <enabled>false</enabled>
          </releases>
          <snapshots>
            <enabled>true</enabled>
          </snapshots>
      </repository>

you will need lucene-core, lucene-analyzers-common, lucene-queryparser,
lucene-misc,...

Thx,
Eric