james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Improved MailboxPath and how to handle the resulting change set
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 09:43:56 GMT
Hi Gazda,

Looking at the diffs in the order as there are shown on [1]:

API

1.- profile noTest on mailbox-integration-tester: ok

2.- LocalAndVirtualMailboxLocatorChain: what's the goal?

3.- MailboxPath is now MailboxName: Path sounded more like
folder/subfolder/subfolder.

4.- MailboxNameResolver on MailboxManager

5.- MailboxSession has no more PersonalSpace nor UserSpace but a
MailboxOwner.

6. SubscriptionManager now works with MailboxName and no more with
String for mailboxname; OK

7. MailboxACL and MailboxACLCodec: already there before I think

8. mmh, MailboxPath is still there.

9. MailboxNameSerializer, MailboxNameBuilder, MailboxNameCodec,
MailboxNamespaceType, MailNameEscaper

10. LikeSearchPatternEscaper: why deal with JCR, SQL in the API?

11. More and more unit tests... :)

JCR, JPA and MEMORY Modules

12. I guess this is the impact of the API changes.

HBASE

13. Didn't see any change in the diff

SPRING

14. I guess this is the impact of the API changes.

STORE

14. I guess this is the impact of the API changes.

PROTOCOLS IMAP

15. Sounds logic imap is the only impacted module

So very very impressive changes. May I summary them as more typing for
domains that ease the reading and implementation of ACL and the overall
mailbox?

To be honest, I didn't see well if and how the ACL are applied... :)

It would be great if you could answer with a few lines presenting the
reasoning behind those changes.

And welcome to git + good start for your new job.

Thx, Eric

[1]
https://github.com/gazdahimself/current/commit/ae75a54400bc7aa93763657a48596d09ec357f98,