james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hbase Lucene Index(HBaluin) for James Mailbox Feedback
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 15:03:40 GMT
Hi Mihai,

Thx for the update.
I have cloned your repo and run some tests (ubuntu, jdk7). I have
stopped the tests because it was taking long (recurring issue with
hadoop/hbase clusters - maybe an area to improve not too late, otherwise
test will become unusable).

See other comments inline,

Eric

On 07/06/2012 07:49 PM, Mihai Soloi wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> This is just a report to what I have been up to lately.
>
> I tried to run the tests they have in Lucene's trunk working with the
> HBaseDirectory implementation, there are 1700+ tests and a lot of them
> are failing at the moment. I had a lot of troubles figuring out how to
> run them and also include my implementation in them. Now you can easily
> run them by following the README.txt file in the project. Running their
> tests have helped me in tracking down issues with my code.

You mean you run the lucene src test with the HBaseDirectory impl?
How did you do it? (just curious)

Btw, There is also a perf test project in lucene that could be used to
assess the HBaluin performance.

> Another project I've spent some time on is HBase, trying to make the
> HBASE-3529 patch working. I had to rewrite some of the code but their
> HDFSDirectoryTest is now passing, and am currently at work at getting
> the CoprocessorsTests pass as well. I will upload the code on my github.

Is this in the apache-extra git repo?