james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Mihai Soloi <mihai.so...@gmail.com>
Subject GSoC Project Status
Date Sun, 01 Jul 2012 07:00:26 GMT
Hello everybody,

I'd like to report that the project I've been working on can now be used in
testing, there is a working implementation of the HBaseDirectory that
stores the index files and can perform the common operations in Lucene. I
am now working in using the Lucene testing into the the project to be sure
it will pass the tests from the core project. Also, the way of approach of
storing all of the index files is not efficient, so another approach is
warranted, one in which part of the index is stored in multiple segments
files not to read all of the segments in one big chunk as Lucene does now,
this will allow for truly distributed searching.

You can run the tests for searching into text files, if you have them in
your home directory, with 'maven -Dtest=org.apache.james.mailbox.lucene.
hbase.HBaseMiniClusterTesting.java#insertSegmentsIntoColumns test'.

Have a nice weekend,
Mihai