james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick o'leary" <pj...@pjaol.com>
Subject bad documentation bug
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 03:48:36 GMT
Could someone update
http://james.apache.org/server/3/dev-extend-mailet.html

Section "Adding Your Mailet to the Classpath" is wrong.

remove
1a & 1b

1c. is ok Jars can be placed in the james/conf/lib directory
or james/bin/setenv.sh can be updated, where CLASSPATH_PREFIX can be
pointed to your jar files.

And remove
--- copy
2. After this is done get sure you add the mailet package to the
mailetcontainer.xml. For example:

<!-- Set the Java packages from which to load mailets and matchers -->
<mailetpackages>
    <mailetpackage>org.apache.james.transport.mailets</mailetpackage>
    <mailetpackage>org.apache.james.transport.mailets.smime</mailetpackage>
    <mailetpackage>your.costum.package.transport-mailets</mailetpackage>
</mailetpackages>

--- paste

The correct information is that mailetcontainer.xml is now
mailetcontainer.conf
The mailetpackages entity is no longer required, the class attribute of
mailets and (I presume) matchers now takes a fully qualified class name
e.g.
<mailet match="All" class="com.your.company.MyMailet"/>

If you want I can create Jira requests for it, a bug in the documentation
is worth 2 in the code.

Thanks
Patrick