james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Manuel Carrasco MoƱino <man...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cope with the RequestFactory's find*
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2012 08:02:08 GMT
Hi echo,

Actually the mail server is our datasource, and we get from it very few
type of objects, just folders and messages.

Folders and messages are not entities in the traditional sense of the
concept because normally they do not change, so I would not use entities
but values.

It is pretty easier deal with valueproxies instead of entityproxies because
the first one have less constrains.

I would create an interface for each value, and I would use this interface
as the valueproxy in the client. In the server side I would implement the
valueproxy interface in the valueimplementation class. It have to work
because I have used this approach some time.

Said that, we need just one service class (or many depending of code
readability) to interact with the server side.

About caching, I think we have to do it in either client or server side or
even in both. If we use value proxies it make it  easier because we can
serialize/deserialize anywhere without worrying about versions etc.

- Manolo