james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Manuel Carrasco MoƱino <man...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GSoC2012] Feeback so far?
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 06:23:56 GMT
One more thing, I've seen that you are getting a good knowledge of gin !,
so I think you could remove many boilerplate code in constructors if you
annotate classes attributes like this:

    private final Displayable display;
    private final EventBus eventBus;
    private final PlaceController placeController;
    private DispatchAsync dispatcher;
    private final Provider<MessageSendPlace> messageSendPlaceProvider;

    @Inject
    public IMAPMessageListActivity(Displayable display, EventBus eventBus,
PlaceController placeController,
             DispatchAsync dispatcher,Provider<MessageSendPlace>
messageSendPlaceProvider){
        this.display = display;
        this.eventBus = eventBus;
        this.placeController = placeController;
        this.dispatcher = dispatcher;
        this.messageSendPlaceProvider = messageSendPlaceProvider;

        // add this event on constructor because we don't want to remove it
on unbind
        eventBus.addHandler(LogoutEvent.TYPE, new LogoutEventHandler() {

            public void onLogout(LogoutEvent logoutEvent) {
                IMAPMessageListActivity.this.display.reset();

IMAPMessageListActivity.this.display.getSearchValue().setValue("");
            }

        });
    }

    private final EventBus eventBus;
    @Inject private Displayable display;
    @Inject private PlaceController placeController;
    @Inject private DispatchAsync dispatcher;
    @Inject private Provider<MessageSendPlace> messageSendPlaceProvider;

    @Inject
    public IMAPMessageListActivity(EventBus eventBus){
        this.eventBus = eventBus;

        // add this event on constructor because we don't want to remove it
on unbind
        eventBus.addHandler(LogoutEvent.TYPE, new LogoutEventHandler() {

            public void onLogout(LogoutEvent logoutEvent) {
                IMAPMessageListActivity.this.display.reset();

IMAPMessageListActivity.this.display.getSearchValue().setValue("");
            }

        });
    }

Note that in this case attributes are set after the class has been created,
so you cannot use them in constructors.