james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Manuel Carrasco Moñino <man...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GSoC2012] Feeback so far?
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 11:39:28 GMT
Another thing If you prefer to launch dev mode from command line run the
5th command but without clean and package just 'mvn gwt:run -Pdemo'.
The package option is used the first time to copy the stuff from the
webapp. This option compiles the java code to javascript which is only
needed when you are to deploy the app in webservers.

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 12:40 PM, Manuel Carrasco Moñino
<manolo@apache.org>wrote:

> No !! , when you are running dev-mode you just reload your browser and it
> recompiles the differences.
> Actually this script is just to test the first time that your environment
> works, then you should import the project in eclipse being the 5th command
> equivalent to the run as gwt web project.
>

> On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 10:00 AM, echo <echowdx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi manolo, a problem
>> Do we need to run the 5th command over and over again after some source
>> codes are updated? While  I found it is slow to compile and run one
>> time(1min+).
>>
>>  On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 1:25 AM, Manuel Carrasco Moñino <
>> manolo@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> First try this
>>>
>>> 1 - checkout last hupa.
>>> 2 - copy the exanple properties file to your home
>>> 3 - change the property IMAPServerAddress=hupa.demo
>>> 4 - go to the folder client
>>> 5 - run 'mvn clean  package gwt:run -Pdemo'