james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Manuel Carrasco Moñino <man...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GSoC2012] Feeback so far?
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 12:52:02 GMT
I've tested the app in gmail and it seems work although many things are
broken.
Related with your problems:
#1 I dont know why hupa-evo only works with the folder 'Inbox' which makes
fail demo mode which uses the name Mock-Inbox. If you replace Mock-Inbox by
Inbox in the url, the right panel is shown but it fails to show messages
because in the server the folder name is different. Try to fix it and work
with demo data  otherwise developing in gmail mode consumes a lot of time.
#2 Concurrence is there for a long, so disable the warnings and live with
it. It will be fixed when removing gwt-presenter and replacing it with gwt
stuff
#3 and #4 use singletone views and do not refresh them until the activity
has different data.

I see the code a bit messy, It is difficult to figure out which is new and
what is old/legacy, I think you could create a new namespace for all the
new stuff (for instance evo) and follow some conventions either: all
classes related with an activity in a folder (view, activity, place ...),
or all activities in its folder, etc.

looking forward to your next report.

- Manolo