james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Manuel Carrasco MoƱino <man...@apache.org>
Subject Re: requestRows() in MessageTableModel is invoked prior to onLoadMessagesEvent
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 08:13:49 GMT
Hi echo, sorry by the delay

I dont follow what your problem is, so let me explain how hupa loads the
Messages table:
- Hupa is listening for the Login success event in two places: AppPresenter
(Line 121) and MainPresenter (Line 480)
- When the user logs in:
  1- the AppPresenter loads the mainPresenter which fires the FetchFolders
command in the revealDisplay call updating the folders tree (mainView).
  2- at the same time  MainPresenter executes the showMessageTable for the
Inbox folder, which loads the imapMessageListPresenter and in the
revealDisplay will update the message list
- At this point, the code of imapMessageList is very complex, as you can
see the MessageTableModel is there to decouple the logic of the app from
the view, but it is the imapMessageListView which is adding handlers etc.
to that.
- Another problem as I have said before, is that we use the revealDisplay
for a lot of things, causing it to be called in parallel which have
performance problems.

Anyway, the MessageTableModel used in hupa depends on the gwt-incubator
stuff, but in hupa-evo you have to get rid of that in favor of Cell tables
in gwt. So dont spend time trying to reuse these components, I would create
a new presenter for the east part.

- Manolo