james-server-dev mailing list archives

From William Suetholz <wsueth...@centonline.com>
Subject Processing customized properties files.. (app ... spring-server.xml)
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 15:32:31 GMT
Hello,
  In order to get around a problem with automatically starting and
stopping the mail server application (no EXEC in windows!).  I put
together a small jar that defines the appropriate classpath for my
installation requirements and all the -D definitions in the run.bat
file.  Unfortunately with the jar defining the classpath the
spring-server.xml (bean
class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer" doesn't seem
to be finding my customized properties files anymore.

  I am using 3.0-beta4 as my starting point, and have customized the
james-database.properties file and placed it under ${basedir}\conf\.  I
have tried both full hardcoded path and just "conf" in my classpath..
Ex:  c:\ccs\MailServer\conf OR conf.

  I noticed that according to comments made by users of the spring
property configurer class, it really doesn't like multiple definitions
in one context.  So, I am a little concerned with the
james-database.properties defined in Database DataSource and
jmx.properties defined in the JMX portions of the spring-server.xml
file.  Should that be changed to have those properties files loaded only
once with the <list> tag?

Thanks for your time
Bill