james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Processing customized properties files.. (app ... spring-server.xml)
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 08:32:20 GMT
About multiple PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer in one spring context, I
had issues with that in other prseojects. The solution was indeed to
list the properties in a single PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer. But here
in James multiple PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer seem to work fine...

For you custom MANIFEST.MF that defines the classpath, I don't see any
properties listed. You should add them (...
conf/james-database.properties conf/jmx.properties...) and see if it works.

Btw, why don't you use "james start' that runs james as a service (well,
not sure it works on windows s o good as it runs on linux).

Take care also that the work you do here is not integrated in the build,
so all the jar list will evolve. Is there a way to use maven to generate
those manifest entries?

Thx, Eric

On 08/09/2012 05:32 PM, William Suetholz wrote:
> Hello,
>    In order to get around a problem with automatically starting and
> stopping the mail server application (no EXEC in windows!).  I put
> together a small jar that defines the appropriate classpath for my
> installation requirements and all the -D definitions in the run.bat
> file.  Unfortunately with the jar defining the classpath the
> spring-server.xml (bean
> class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer" doesn't
seem to be finding my customized properties files anymore.