james-server-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HBase Test Failure On Build (3.0beta4)
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 07:53:43 GMT
Nothing changed since then.
You can download daily snapshots from [1], wait on beta5 release, or 
push with us the release road (mailbox, protocols...)

If you want to kick a thread and a few other users confirm they want the 
release to go live, I could make it... but I am looking on a few 
important fixes such as MAILBOX-183, JAMES-1411, IMAP-351, PROTOCOLS-73...

Thx, Eric

[1] 
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/james/apache-james/3.0-beta5-SNAPSHOT/


On 08/14/2012 09:08 AM, Merve Temizer wrote:
>>> There's nothing much we can do for released beta4.
>
> If i can get beta5 will it be ok?
>
> Then how can i get it, you said some time ago that it is not a release,
> then, what should i do?
>
> 2012/8/13 Eric Charles <eric@apache.org>
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> There's nothing much we can do for released beta4.
>>
>> In trunk,; james-server-data-hbase was failing last time, but now it just
>> works find on my laptop (force update of deps may have helped...).
>>
>> However, mailbox-hbase was failing here. It is now fixed (see
>> MAILBOX-185). The strange think is that the file permission issue does not
>> arise any more on james-server-data-hbase... at least here... Maybe you can
>> get some insipiration from MAILBOX-185 and see if it help on your env. If
>> such, please submit a patch.
>>
>> Thx, Eric
>>
>>
>> On 08/10/2012 06:40 PM, Eric Charles wrote:
>>
>>> I also have the exception.
>>> I will try to look at this this weekend.
>>> Thx, Eric
>>>
>>> On 08/10/2012 11:24 AM, Merve Temizer wrote:
>>>
>>>> When i run m2eclipse in Eclipse with goal "package" i see in the console:
>>>>
>>>> javax.management.**InstanceAlreadyExistsException**: MXBean already
>>>> registered
>>>> with name Hadoop:service=NameNode,name=**MetricsSystem,sub=Control
>>>> at
>>>> com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.**MXBeanLookup.addReference(**
>>>> MXBeanLookup.java:151)
>>>> at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.**MXBeanSupport.register(**
>>>> MXBeanSupport.java:160)
>>>> at
>>>> com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.**MBeanSupport.preRegister2(**
>>>> MBeanSupport.java:171)
>>>> at
>>>> com.sun.jmx.interceptor.**DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.**
>>>> registerDynamicMBean(**DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.**java:930)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> com.sun.jmx.interceptor.**DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.**
>>>> registerObject(**DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.**java:900)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> com.sun.jmx.interceptor.**DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.**registerMBean(
>>>> **DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.**java:324)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.**JmxMBeanServer.registerMBean(**
>>>> JmxMBeanServer.java:512)
>>>>
>>>> at org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.**util.MBeans.register(MBeans.**java:56)
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.**impl.MetricsSystemImpl.**initSystemMBean(**
>>>> MetricsSystemImpl.java:500)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.**impl.MetricsSystemImpl.init(**
>>>> MetricsSystemImpl.java:140)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.**lib.DefaultMetricsSystem.init(**
>>>> DefaultMetricsSystem.java:40)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.**lib.DefaultMetricsSystem.**initialize(**
>>>> DefaultMetricsSystem.java:50)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.**datanode.DataNode.**
>>>> instantiateDataNode(DataNode.**java:1483)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.**datanode.DataNode.**
>>>> instantiateDataNode(DataNode.**java:1459)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.**MiniDFSCluster.startDataNodes(**
>>>> MiniDFSCluster.java:417)
>>>>
>>>> at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.**MiniDFSCluster.<init>(**
>>>> MiniDFSCluster.java:280)
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.**HBaseTestingUtility.**startMiniDFSCluster(**
>>>> HBaseTestingUtility.java:223)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.**HBaseTestingUtility.**startMiniCluster(**
>>>> HBaseTestingUtility.java:345)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.**HBaseTestingUtility.**startMiniCluster(**
>>>> HBaseTestingUtility.java:290)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.james.**JamesServerHBaseSuiteTest.**setup(**
>>>> JamesServerHBaseSuiteTest.**java:74)
>>>>
>>>> at sun.reflect.**NativeMethodAccessorImpl.**invoke0(Native Method)
>>>> at
>>>> sun.reflect.**NativeMethodAccessorImpl.**invoke(**
>>>> NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:**57)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> sun.reflect.**DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.**invoke(**
>>>> DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.**java:43)
>>>>
>>>> at java.lang.reflect.Method.**invoke(Method.java:601)
>>>> at
>>>> org.junit.runners.model.**FrameworkMethod$1.**runReflectiveCall(**
>>>> FrameworkMethod.java:44)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> org.junit.internal.runners.**model.ReflectiveCallable.run(**
>>>> ReflectiveCallable.java:15)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> org.junit.runners.model.**FrameworkMethod.**invokeExplosively(**
>>>> FrameworkMethod.java:41)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> org.junit.internal.runners.**statements.RunBefores.**
>>>> evaluate(RunBefores.java:27)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> org.junit.internal.runners.**statements.RunAfters.evaluate(**
>>>> RunAfters.java:31)
>>>>
>>>> at org.junit.runners.**ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.**java:236)
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.**junit4.JUnit4TestSet.execute(**
>>>> JUnit4TestSet.java:53)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.**junit4.JUnit4Provider.**
>>>> executeTestSet(JUnit4Provider.**java:123)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.**junit4.JUnit4Provider.invoke(**
>>>> JUnit4Provider.java:104)
>>>>
>>>> at sun.reflect.**NativeMethodAccessorImpl.**invoke0(Native Method)
>>>> at
>>>> sun.reflect.**NativeMethodAccessorImpl.**invoke(**
>>>> NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:**57)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> sun.reflect.**DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.**invoke(**
>>>> DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.**java:43)
>>>>
>>>> at java.lang.reflect.Method.**invoke(Method.java:601)
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.**util.ReflectionUtils.**
>>>> invokeMethodWithArray(**ReflectionUtils.java:164)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.**booter.ProviderFactory$**
>>>> ProviderProxy.invoke(**ProviderFactory.java:110)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.**booter.SurefireStarter.**invokeProvider(**
>>>> SurefireStarter.java:175)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.**booter.SurefireStarter.**
>>>> runSuitesInProcessWhenForked(**SurefireStarter.java:81)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.**booter.ForkedBooter.main(**
>>>> ForkedBooter.java:68)
>>>> 2012-08-10 11:40:46,893 [main] WARN
>>>>    org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.**datanode.DataNode - Invalid directory
>>>> in
>>>> dfs.data.dir: Incorrect permission for
>>>> /***/james-server-3.0-beta4/**data-hbase/target/test-data/**
>>>> 02fbaf3f-fd7e-479a-b274-**e0e8ecc46f8f/dfs/data/data1,
>>>>
>>>> expected: rwxr-xr-x, while actual: rwxrwxr-x
>>>> 2012-08-10 11:40:46,898 [main] WARN
>>>>    org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.**datanode.DataNode - Invalid directory
>>>> in
>>>> dfs.data.dir: Incorrect permission for
>>>> /***/james-server-3.0-beta4/**data-hbase/target/test-data/**
>>>> 02fbaf3f-fd7e-479a-b274-**e0e8ecc46f8f/dfs/data/data2,
>>>>
>>>> expected: rwxr-xr-x, while actual: rwxrwxr-x
>>>> 2012-08-10 11:40:46,899 [main] ERROR
>>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.**datanode.DataNode - All directories in
>>>> dfs.data.dir are invalid.
>>>> 2012-08-10 11:40:46,899 [main] ERROR
>>>> org.apache.james.**JamesServerHBaseSuiteTest - HBase Mini Cluster
>>>> failed to
>>>> start.
>>>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.**MiniDFSCluster.startDataNodes(**
>>>> MiniDFSCluster.java:422)
>>>>
>>>> at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.**MiniDFSCluster.<init>(**
>>>> MiniDFSCluster.java:280)
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.**HBaseTestingUtility.**startMiniDFSCluster(**
>>>> HBaseTestingUtility.java:223)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.**HBaseTestingUtility.**startMiniCluster(**
>>>> HBaseTestingUtility.java:345)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.**HBaseTestingUtility.**startMiniCluster(**
>>>> HBaseTestingUtility.java:290)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.james.**JamesServerHBaseSuiteTest.**setup(**
>>>> JamesServerHBaseSuiteTest.**java:74)
>>>>
>>>> at sun.reflect.**NativeMethodAccessorImpl.**invoke0(Native Method)
>>>> at
>>>> sun.reflect.**NativeMethodAccessorImpl.**invoke(**
>>>> NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:**57)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> sun.reflect.**DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.**invoke(**
>>>> DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.**java:43)
>>>>
>>>> at java.lang.reflect.Method.**invoke(Method.java:601)
>>>> at
>>>> org.junit.runners.model.**FrameworkMethod$1.**runReflectiveCall(**
>>>> FrameworkMethod.java:44)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> org.junit.internal.runners.**model.ReflectiveCallable.run(**
>>>> ReflectiveCallable.java:15)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> org.junit.runners.model.**FrameworkMethod.**invokeExplosively(**
>>>> FrameworkMethod.java:41)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> org.junit.internal.runners.**statements.RunBefores.**
>>>> evaluate(RunBefores.java:27)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> org.junit.internal.runners.**statements.RunAfters.evaluate(**
>>>> RunAfters.java:31)
>>>>
>>>> at org.junit.runners.**ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.**java:236)
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.**junit4.JUnit4TestSet.execute(**
>>>> JUnit4TestSet.java:53)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.**junit4.JUnit4Provider.**
>>>> executeTestSet(JUnit4Provider.**java:123)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.**junit4.JUnit4Provider.invoke(**
>>>> JUnit4Provider.java:104)
>>>>
>>>> at sun.reflect.**NativeMethodAccessorImpl.**invoke0(Native Method)
>>>> at
>>>> sun.reflect.**NativeMethodAccessorImpl.**invoke(**
>>>> NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:**57)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> sun.reflect.**DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.**invoke(**
>>>> DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.**java:43)
>>>>
>>>> at java.lang.reflect.Method.**invoke(Method.java:601)
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.**util.ReflectionUtils.**
>>>> invokeMethodWithArray(**ReflectionUtils.java:164)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.**booter.ProviderFactory$**
>>>> ProviderProxy.invoke(**ProviderFactory.java:110)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.**booter.SurefireStarter.**invokeProvider(**
>>>> SurefireStarter.java:175)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.**booter.SurefireStarter.**
>>>> runSuitesInProcessWhenForked(**SurefireStarter.java:81)
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.**booter.ForkedBooter.main(**
>>>> ForkedBooter.java:68)
>>>> Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 1.852 sec
>>>> <<< FAILURE!
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>> --
>> eric | http://about.echarles.net | @echarles
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------**------------------------------**---------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: server-dev-unsubscribe@james.**apache.org<server-dev-unsubscribe@james.apache.org>
>> For additional commands, e-mail: server-dev-help@james.apache.**org<server-dev-help@james.apache.org>
>>
>>
>


-- 
eric | http://about.echarles.net | @echarles


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: server-dev-unsubscribe@james.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: server-dev-help@james.apache.org


Mime
View raw message