james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Joseph Swingle" <jswin...@corp.epals.com>
Subject Question about onMatchException and onMailetException
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2012 18:20:20 GMT
All,
Following the Exception Handling document on the wiki at
http://wiki.apache.org/james/HandlingExceptions  I found just what I
needed.

If my Matcher or Mailet has problem reaching the Web Service, I throw a
MessagingException, expecting that the mail will be sent to the
"WSCallIssues" processor.
This is not currently what is happening.  The mail attempts the Mailet
in "CheckWithServices" several times, and then fails with a stack trace.

Attaching with JMX I can see the "WebServiceCallingMatcher" increment
with each failed call.  I look to the WSCallIssues and It's mailet, and
they never increment.

The wiki also suggests that I can set the onMatchException="error".
That too does not work.  Is the Wiki link above still valid in 3.0
beta-4?

Snippet from mailetcontainer.conf.

<processor state="CheckWithServices" enableJmx="true">
	<mailet notmatch="WebServiceCallingMatcher" class="ToProcessor"
onMatchException="WSCallIssues" onMailetException="WSCallIssues">
      	<processor>transport</processor>
	</mailet>
</processor>

<processor state="WSCallIssues" enableJmx="true">
	<mailet match="All" class="ToRepository">
          <repositoryPath>file://var/mail/wsCallIssues/</repositoryPath>
	</mailet>
</processor>