james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Ioan Eugen Stan <stan.ieu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: new mailets directory structure
Date Sun, 02 Dec 2012 21:30:14 GMT
Hi Eric, Dhrubo

Thanks for the support. We can do with a vote but this will slow
things down. I guess I can work on code until the vote ends.

On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 2:45 PM, Eric Charles <eric@apache.org> wrote:
> Big +1 on all your proposals
>
> - I would simply use 'all' instead of 'aggregator', I like 3 letters
I'll keep aggregator, hope you don't mind

> - I prefer <current-name> (not mailets-<current-name>), simpler.
ok
> - Are you meaning having a single site for all mailets? (I'm fine with
> this).
yes - too much overhead with managing a site for each component, we
should do the same for the other projects. If it was  my decision I
would create just one site as the fragmentation is a killer. Right now
we have way too many components for the number of developers. This
also creates a lot of overhead. This is how I feel and see things, I
don't know if you share my thought on this.

> As this implies many changes, it would be best to start a vote (ACK with
> lazy consensus) open for 3 days before committing.

Will send right away. I'll copy all the things I mentioned in the
previous email.

Cheers,

Ioan Eugen Stan / CTO / http://axemblr.com