james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Emma Sesmero <emmasesm...@gmail.com>
Subject Where and how to read Configuration files
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 13:18:43 GMT
Hello all,

Currently, I am implementing the configuration web interface and I have a
couple of questions:

- The documentation says that all configuration files resides in the ./conf
and ./conf/META-INF folder. So what I am doing now is trying to read the
configuration .xml in the forther ./conf (for example, dnsservice.xml for
DNS), if it does not exist, I create the xml copying the -template.xml
(dnsservice-template.xml for DNS), reading this considering it as the
default configuration and edit it. Do you think this is the correct
approach?

- Does any of you know what james server is using to read those
configuration files? I have started to use jdom, but it might be better to
use the same as James for this task.

Thank you very much in advance.