james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Manuel Carrasco MoƱino <man...@apache.org>
Subject [Announce] Replacement of Hupa by Hupa-Evolution
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2013 09:08:32 GMT
Hi all.

As you know thanks to GSoC 2012, we have had a student (Echo) working on
Hupa Evolution [1] startiing last summer.

As result of this work we have an evolution of Hupa hosted in the Apache
Extras repository [2], and we have decided to replace the current James
Hupa by the Hupa-Evo version.

PMC James have accepted Dongxu Wang (Echo) as a new committer, so he will
accomplish the merging of hupa-evo to hupa. The idea is to import git logs
from apache-extras to james svn (if possible) instead of having a big
commit. If someone in the list knows the steps to migrate from git to an
existing svn repo, please help Echo.

To play with Hupa, you can download and compile Hupa-evo from the apache
extras repository[3] or it is easier to download the a compiled .war file
from the apache james snapshots repository [4].

After you download or compile the .war artifact, you can run Hupa in demo
mode (login: demo/demo) just executing:
$ java -Dhupa.demo -jar hupa-0.0.3-SNAPSHOT.war

Or you can run it as a gmail client and login to any gmail account
(previously you have to enable imap in your account)
$ java -jar hupa-0.0.3-SNAPSHOT.war

Please, test Hupa-evo and report any issue you find.

After the merging, we will continue working on the issue list at Jira.

- Manolo

[1]
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2012/echo/1
[2] https://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/hupa-evo/