james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Manuel Carrasco Moñino <man...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Web Administration Console
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2013 17:58:56 GMT
The reason why it is mandatory that bond is run in the same machine than
james, is because we need to access to the folder with the conf files.

I agree that it would be nice a parameter to run it from a different
server, we should disable the file configuration tab in the UI so as the
user could use bond to configure the jmx options: users, domains, mappings,
and to monitor the james instance, which actually should be the most
frequent actions an administrator do.

I think in a future we can also embed bond in the server bootstrap process
so as it starts listening in a http port for administrating the server.

Thanks for your feedback

- Manolo