james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Saibabu Vallurupalli <saibabu.vallurupa...@gmail.com>
Subject Unable to send messages using SSL/TLS on port 465
Date Mon, 23 Dec 2013 22:39:11 GMT
We configured our James on Mac OS, we were able to successfully
send/receive message only on port 25.

Our James server required both the capabilities secure/un-secure so we
enabled port 25 as well as port 465.

James 3 Beta 3 always trying to use port 25 and fails on it instead of
using port 465 for secured connections.

Configuration done are:
- Updated smtpserver-ssl.xml as below:
<smtpserver enabled="true">
    <jmxName>smtpserver-ssl</jmxName>
    <bind>0.0.0.0:465</bind>
    <connectionBacklog>200</connectionBacklog>
    <tls socketTLS="true" startTLS="false">
        <keystore>file://conf/keystore</keystore>
        <secret>xxxxx</secret>

<provider>org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.BouncyCastleProvider</provider>
     </tls>
      <connectiontimeout>360</connectiontimeout>
      <authRequired>true</authRequired>
      <authorizedAddresses>127.0.0.0/8</authorizedAddresses>
      <verifyIdentity>false</verifyIdentity>
      <maxmessagesize>0</maxmessagesize>
      <handlerchain enableJmx="true">
        <handler
class="org.apache.james.smtpserver.fastfail.ValidRcptHandler"/>
        <handler
class="org.apache.james.smtpserver.CoreCmdHandlerLoader"/>
     </handlerchain>
</smtpserver>

Also, updated mailetcontainer.xml file to use RemoteDelovery Mailet
<gatewayPort>465</ganetwayPort>

Also, updated ../context/james-server-context.xml
<bean id="smtpserver-ssl"
class="org.apache.james.smtpserver.netty.SMTPServer"/>

Appreciate any help towards this.

Thank you,
Sai