james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Ioan Eugen Stan <stan.ieu...@gmail.com>
Subject [discussion] the state of James Project svn module
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2014 10:15:44 GMT
Hello,

I've been looking at the James code base lately and I noticed we have
James Project  in SVN but no corresponding JIRA project to log issues.

I have two solutions for this problem:

1. create a JIRA project for it
2. remove James Project in favor of per project parent pom's.

I'm in favor of option 2 because James Project doesn't quite require
the status of a project - since it doesn't do a lot and we can better
maintain per project parent pom's.

I suggest we move all information from James Project to James Server
and other components. From a fast analysis, James Project duplicates a
lot of information from org.apache:apache parent pom so we can inherit
from that + add the changes specific to each project.

It will create some duplicate information but I think we can live with that.

Wdyt?

--
Ioan Eugen Stan
0720 898 747