james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Antao <brianantaor...@gmail.com>
Subject New Apache Philae -- Project
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2014 22:10:11 GMT
Hi ya Apache Folks,
   I would like to get your initial reactions to a New Project that I would
like to propose -- "The Apache Email Engine" Called after the Rosetta
Mission --
     Apache Philae !!!

Concept --
   Fully Automated Email Solution that the default version builds on top of
    the Apache James Email Server --
The Functionality of the Engine --
    1. auto processing without the need of manual supervision of all send
mail and
           receive mail requests.
   2. Support of Automated Email Rules to Flag off Email Etiquette
Violators.
   3. Will link by default to the Apache James Email Server, initially ...
but later
         versions will support "Plug In" of different other servers similar
to James.
   4. So the Complete Email Engine Solution with the Coupled James Email
       Server can be Hosted on Cloud Servers or actual Physical Servers.
   5. Cloud as well as Real Storage facilities for all Email Accounts.
   6. Easy Links to WebMail and other direct POP/IMAP Clients.
   7. Any other Suggestions Welcome !
All Volunters for different positions to get going on the Formal Proposal
Submission to the Incubator Committee are required !!
It seems best if we Replicate the Apache James Committee for this Project
and get the same Dev's working on this project as well ... hence this
message to this Group !!

Cheers,
    --Brian Antao.
Brian Antao, Ph.D.