james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Söhngen <thomas.soehn...@tgconsulting.de>
Subject Informing the client about changes in folder structure
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2015 16:16:30 GMT
Hello,

I am using James with a custom made mailbox, which basically mirrors a
folder structure from another system. I have done some tests with two
Thunderbird clients connected to a JPA based mailbox to see, if changes
made on one client in the folder structure, like adding a subfolder or
renaming a folder, get pushed to the other client. While changes
concerning the content of a mailbox get pushed immediately via the IDLE
command, the client won't be informed about changes in the mailbox
folder structure (which should be possible by sending unrequested LIST
commands).

In my custom mailbox implementation it is common that changes in the
folder structure occur from the outside. Internally I have a listener
that gets notified if changes in the underlying store occur. I have
tried to propagate these changes using the
MailboxEventDispatcher.mailboxAdded method. Unfortunately the registered
listeners of the IMAP session seem to only consume events regarding
changes of the mailbox content and ignore events about the folder
structure.

Is there any way to push changes in the folder structure to connected
IMAP clients out of my mailbox implementation?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Thomas Söhngen