james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Contributions
Date Sat, 11 Apr 2015 17:05:06 GMT
On 04/09/2015 11:20 AM, David Salvador wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I work at a company that developes software for Telecoms, and I'm also
> developing a project on-top of Apache James. I'm also interested in
> the question Matthieu made regarding pushing James to Java 7 (or maybe
> 8).

We could imagine releasing 3.0.0 on jdk6 and 3.1.0 (same code baseline)
on jdk7+

> I would also like to know (regarding IMAP), if there is any roadmap
> for implementing the LISTSTATUS extension (RFC 5819), or if anyone is
> working on them, if so, I could help/join.

Didn't see this. Maybe someone can pop up here...

> I would also like to know if anyone is working on Documentation, i
> found out that it was really hard to start developing on top of James,
> because the lack of Documentation and fragmentation of the project.

There are sub-projects, and there is (too much?) documentation
Did you see http://james.apache.org/server/3/dev-build.html ?

This can explain the quite long learning curve.

Feel free to contribute for a better James.