james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Matthieu Baechler <mbaech...@linagora.com>
Subject Re: Rewrite table specification
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2015 08:12:18 GMT
Hi Eric,

Antoine wrote some specifications based on actual implementation
behavior in order to implement a Cassandra backend.

He should have give you the plain text specification link
https://github.com/aduprat/james/blob/Issue-9/data/data-library/src/test/resources/cucumber/rewrite_tables.feature

which should be very readable.

What he found is that File implementation is read-only (JAMES-1598, no
news here) and that there are bugs on hbase implementation too (JAMES-1599).

He also found some inconsistent behaviors :

  x JAMES-1595 : an ErrorMappingException message is incorrect
  x JAMES-1596 : Error mapping should have precedence over other mappings
  x JAMES-1597 : Address mapping should have precedence over wildcard

If the community agrees on the expected behaviors, we can propose the
fixes for JAMES-159{5,6,7} .

--
Matthieu Baechler