james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Brewin <sbre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal about James modules merge
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2015 09:11:52 GMT
Hi

As I recall, the intent of having separate projects for many of the
components developed under the James umbrella was to satisfy the
requirement that they should be independent of James Server. While this
remains a requirement, separate repositories are needed for each project
to allow separate release versions and schedules. It also influences our
maven module layout and how dependencies might be better managed.

Before proceeding with a discussion of how to simplify the development
workflow, we need to decide if the original requirement still holds.
Prospective solutions will be quite different depending on this answer.

Cheers
--Steve