james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Brewin <sbre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal about James modules merge
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2015 18:40:15 GMT
Hi Vincenzo and Ioan

While Mattiheu's proposal does mention switching to GIT and I agree that
GIT is superior to SVN and I support this, the most important part is
the restructuring of our projects.

As I have explained in an earlier post the proposed change abandons the
façade that components, such as mailbox and protocols, are independent
of James server. My view is that the restructuring of our projects would
be beneficial. What are yours?

The proposed restructuring should not be confabulated with a switch to
GIT as it is achievable with SVN. A switch to GIT should be dealt with
as a separate issue.

Cheers
--Steve