james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Matthieu Baechler <mbaech...@linagora.com>
Subject Re: Proposal about James modules merge
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2015 09:04:58 GMT
Hi Eric,

On 03/09/2015 10:16, Eric Charles wrote:
> I like Matthieu proposal (merge without mime4...), but this will open
> the door to more refactoring that would maybe go against the initial
> requirement of being able to embed some mailbox without the full server.

Of course, as the mailbox API will probably change more often, it will
break potential mailbox-api direct users. It leads to two questions :
  - is there such users ?
  - do we expect alpha/beta software to be API stable ?

I really like the idea of merging things until 3.0 release happens then
decide if we split back or not.

> Maybe we should write to guidelines we can refer when working in that
> single repository, otherwise we will have endless discussions that don't
> occur for now simply because code live in separate projects.

I think maven dependencies capture the intent of module responsibility
very well. What would you want the guidelines to contain ? API stability
rules ? Anything else ?

--
Matthieu Baechler