james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Tellier <be...@minet.net>
Subject Proposal : make patches reviews easier on JIRA
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2015 11:07:58 GMT
Hi every one !

I just committed my patches about QUOTA handling in James.

Next step of the two hours I dedicate to James today is to have a look
to patches attached to the JIRA by Matthieu Baechler and his team.

And I fill like it is hard to retrieve contributions in JIRA. I have to
search in my e-mail for these messages.

It means :

  - From JIRA, we have no idea how many contributions are waiting
  - From JIRA, it is hard to retrieve an issue that has a patch attached
to...

For me this has several consequences :

  - No metrics on awaiting contributions
  - Job is harder for committers

And now what I propose :

  - Adding a Status to our Jira tickets between (In progress | reopen)
and Resolved. I propose to call it "Review".

What do you think of this ? Is it doable ?

Cheers,

Benoit