james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Suvega Srinivasan (NCS)" <suve...@ncs.com.sg>
Subject James Mail Server: unable to process message with attachment Content-Disposition issue (creation-date)
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2015 04:46:43 GMT
Hi James Mail Server Team,

I wanted to submit an issue specific to James mail Server message processing. I'm very sorry,
If I have posted to the wrong group or email. Please reply if this is the relevant group else,
please let me know correct email/web link to post my query. Your help on my issue is highly
appreciated.

Issue Description:
Our James mail server (2.3.2) was unable to process a mime message that had attachment with
Content-Disposition issue. The creation-date of mime message from an external mail server
doesn't have the quoted string and was not adhering to RFC 2183<http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2183.txt>.
The message/attachment header dates are not encapsulated in quotes. Is there a fix for James
to resolve the issue at James Server side to process or add the quoted string to Content-Disposition
parameter values.

Other Findings:
This message sent from an external email server was well received and processed by other email
servers including MS Outlook exchange server. Since email is failing in James alone, we wanted
to know if there is a workaround/fix available for James mail server to overcome this issue
and process the message.

Mail Server environment Information:
OS Name:            Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
System Type:     x64-based PC
JRE:                        1.7.0_75
James Version: james-2.3.2

Error message in James Mailet log:
04/11/15 15:34:32 INFO  James.Mailet: recepientFlag are: false
04/11/15 15:34:32 INFO  James.Mailet: AttachmentFileNameIs: Malformed message
javax.mail.internet.ParseException: Expected ';', got ","
                at javax.mail.internet.ParameterList.<init>(ParameterList.java:281)
                at javax.mail.internet.ContentDisposition.<init>(ContentDisposition.java:100)
                at javax.mail.internet.MimeBodyPart.getFileName(MimeBodyPart.java:1145)
                at javax.mail.internet.MimeBodyPart.getFileName(MimeBodyPart.java:528)
                at org.apache.james.transport.matchers.AttachmentFileNameIs.matchFound(AttachmentFileNameIs.java:183)

Mime Message with issue, attachment content disposition:

For your understanding of my issue, the correct format of attachment content-disposition:

Thanks and Regards,
Suvega S
Mob# +65-9181-8874