james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Matthieu Baechler <mbaech...@linagora.com>
Subject james-server-util* location (was : Re: My thoughts on JMAP implementation)
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2015 07:28:41 GMT

On 13/12/2015 12:43, Tellier Benoit wrote:

[...]

>   - james-server-util is amaizing, as james-server-util-java8 . I  like
> the idea of using these tools broadly. But maybe these projects should
> be located in backends-common. rather than in server/container ? I find
> it makes more sens...

backends-common was meant to contain backend related code (cassandra for
a start, but maybe hbase or any other backend can follow).

IMO, general purpose util classes doesn't belong to backends-common.

I agree server/container is not a great choice either, but that's where
james-server-util was located for 2+ years.

If we take a look at server/container content :

  * cassandra-guice
  * cli
  * core
  * filesystem-api
  * jetty
  * lifecycle-api
  * mailbox-adapter
  * spring
  * util
  * util-java8

IMO, cassandra-guice and spring match 'container' but others don't.

I don't know how to sort this out, does someone have an idea about that ?

--
Matthieu Baechler