james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Tellier <btell...@linagora.com>
Subject Re: Sub-addressing support in JAMES
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2016 02:06:26 GMT
Hi Sergey,

I had a look in the patch. I would rather modify the MailAddress object
to handle tag.

Why ?

 - With your solution, the information about the tag is lost after the
mailet processing.
 - My mail server will only be able to handle mail Address tags if I
configured the mailet and your handler.

I would rather see a MailAddress object that extract the tag from the
mail. Equality and other operations will not include the tag (achieving
what you want) granting us this functionnality in a reusable fashion,
and implemented in an object oriented way.

Would this proposition satisfy you ? Can you create a ticket for this
topic on JIRA ? (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAILET)

And thank you so much for your contribution. It is definitely more than
welcomed !

Cheers,

Benoit