james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Lysenkov <lysen...@silvertreesystems.com>
Subject Sub-addressing support in JAMES
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2016 12:10:29 GMT
Hello All,

Our team successfuly used James mail server for a project untile we've got
a requirement to support sub-addressing. It turned out that James does not
support a tag appended to the local part of email address (ex:
joeuser+tag@example.com). RFC 5233, refers to this convention as
sub-addressing, but it is also known as plus addressing or tagged
addressing. To resolve this issue our team have developed
'SubAddressingValidRcptHandler' which extends from
'org.apache.james.smtpserver.fastfail.ValidRcptHandler' class. Also to find
the right addressee by email address with sub-addressing we have developed
matcher 'SubAddressingMatcher'.

I do not know if you have plans to implement the sub-addressing support. I
can send you our code for review and will be happy if our changes save time
for other developers who faced with the same issue as we had.

Please let me know if that makes sense and which way I can send the code
for review.

Thank you,
Sergey Lysenkov