james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Tellier <be...@minet.net>
Subject Re: Sub-addressing support in JAMES
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2016 06:32:06 GMT
Moreover, we should take advantage of this task to factorize code :

We have two MailAddress classes :

org.apache.mailet.MailAddress
org.apache.james.protocols.smtp.MailAddress;

These two class have almost the same content (copy and paste ?), and
tests are only written for the mailet one.

In my opinion, we must make smtp protocol depend on mailet api to reuse
MailAddress object across our projects and fight code duplication.

Le 29/04/2016 à 09:06, Benoit Tellier a écrit :
> [...]
>
> And thank you so much for your contribution. It is definitely more than
> welcomed !
>
> Cheers,
>
> Benoit
>
> Le 28/04/2016 à 22:56, Sergey Lysenkov a écrit :
>> Hello,
>>
>> Thank you for your help.
>>
>> I have done patch. Please see in attachment.
>>

>> On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 6:17 PM, Ioan Eugen Stan <stan.ieugen@gmail.com
>> <mailto:stan.ieugen@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hello,
>>
>>     Usually github is a read only git mirror of Apache repositories. Meaning
>>     you can't push, especially since you are not a committer.
>>
>>     Read more here [1].
>>
>>     What you should do is either:
>>
>>     1. work on your clone and create a patch with git patch , submit via
>>     email
>>     2. fork project on github, push your branch on your fork and issue a
>>     pull request, then send email to list with PR.
>>
>>     Any branch name is fine.
>>

>>     [1] http://www.apache.org/dev/git.html
>>
>>     On 28.04.2016 17:57, Sergey Lysenkov wrote:
>>     > Hello Antoine,
>>     >
>>     > Thank you for your reply.
>>     > I faced out with problem. I can't push code to repository on
>>     > https://github.com/apache/james-project
>>     >
>>     > I have got error:
>>     > remote: Permission to apache/james-project.git denied to lysenkovsts.
>>     > fatal: unable to access
>>     'https://github.com/apache/james-project.git/': The
>>     > requested URL returned error: 403
>>     >
>>     > Can you help me to resolve this issue?
>>     >
>>     > Also I don't know what branch name will be correct for my code. On
>>     my local
>>     > repository I named branch as JAMES-subaddressing. What do you
>>     think about
>>     > that branch name?
>>     >
>>     > On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 3:57 PM, Antoine DUPRAT
>>     <aduprat@linagora.com <mailto:aduprat@linagora.com>>
>>     > wrote:
>>     >
>>     >> Hi,
>>     >>
>>     >> Thank you for using James.
>>     >> We are really happy to receive contribution, you can create a
>>     pull request
>>     >> on GitHub:
>>     >> https://github.com/apache/james-project
>>     >>
>>     >> Have a nice day,
>>     >> Antoine Duprat
>>     >>
>>     >>
>>     >> Hello All,
>>     >>>
>>     >>> Our team successfuly used James mail server for a project untile
>>     we've got
>>     >>> a requirement to support sub-addressing. It turned out that
>>     James does not
>>     >>> support a tag appended to the local part of email address (ex:
RFC