james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Matthieu Baechler <mbaech...@linagora.com>
Subject Re: Sub-addressing support in JAMES
Date Mon, 02 May 2016 09:19:01 GMT
Hi,

On 04/29/2016 04:06 AM, Benoit Tellier wrote:
> Hi Sergey,
>
> I had a look in the patch. I would rather modify the MailAddress object
> to handle tag.
>
> Why ?
>
>   - With your solution, the information about the tag is lost after the
> mailet processing.
+1
>   - My mail server will only be able to handle mail Address tags if I
> configured the mailet and your handler.
Do you think it's a bad thing ?

> I would rather see a MailAddress object that extract the tag from the
> mail. Equality and other operations will not include the tag (achieving
> what you want) granting us this functionnality in a reusable fashion,
> and implemented in an object oriented way.
MailAddress can keep the tag stuff but what you suggest about hiding the
tag from equality and other operation looks like a bad idea.

foo+bar@apache.org and foo+other@apache.org are definitely not equals
and saying something else involve putting a business decision into
MailAddress that belongs to another component.
--
Matthieu Baechler