james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Waibel <BWai...@intarsys.de>
Subject AW: James / James JSieve dependency to Geronimo-Mail [unsigned]
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2016 07:54:45 GMT
Hello Matthieu,

correct, the james-server project does use javax.mail.
But I am talking about the "Apache jsieve" project.

James:
The pom.xml of james-server-mailets (james-project/server/mailet/mailets/pom.xml) does have
a dependency to apache-jsieve-mailet. Line 76.
Also the pom.xml of james-server (james-project/server/pom.xml) does have a dependency to
apache-jsieve-mailet. Line 873.

jSieve:
The apache-jsieve-mailet (https://github.com/apache/james-jsieve/blob/master/mailet/pom.xml)
does define a dependency to: <artifactId>${javax.mail.artifactId}</artifactId>
The parent of the mailet is "apache-jsieve" (https://github.com/apache/james-jsieve/blob/master/pom.xml),
which defines:
	<javax.mail.groupId>org.apache.geronimo.javamail</javax.mail.groupId>
	<javax.mail.artifactId>geronimo-javamail_1.4_mail</javax.mail.artifactId>
So jSieve still uses geronimo.
Is this correct?

So when doing a maven build, you get a dependency to geronimo. Due to this fact, the maven
build will bundle the mail jar AND (!) the geronimo jar.
This seems to be wrong. Just my opinion.

The JSieve Project is a James project (http://james.apache.org/jsieve/index.html).
So I kindly ask to manage the jSieve project, and switch from geronimo to java-mail.
I could not provide a tested patch here, I do not use jSieve, and we do not have experience
with jSieve.

What do you think?
a) Should jsieve switch to geronimo?
b) If yes, can you or someone else change and test this?
c) If no, do you want to use both java-mail implementations? Or should a copy process remove
the geronimo files from deployment?

Thanks
Bernd

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----