james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Waibel <BWai...@intarsys.de>
Subject James / James JSieve dependency to Geronimo-Mail [unsigned]
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2016 14:32:13 GMT
Hello,

we have runtime issues (class cast exception) using James3 due to the usage of java-mail-1.4.4
together with Geronimo-mail.
We are currently in testing, so we try to fix some runtime issues before going to production.

There have been a discussion to go back (again) from Geronimo to java-mail.
Java-mail is now developed by java.net, currently release is 1.5.5
See https://java.net/projects/javamail/pages/Home

Did the project james-jsieve do this move?

The dependency of james-server-mailets / apache-jsieve-mailet does define a dependency to
geronimo-javamail_1.4_mail.
So if we do a maven install, we do get two Mail implementations in the lib directory:

-          geronimo-javamail_1.4_mail-1.8.3.jar

-          mail-1.4.4.jar

The content of the META-INF/mailcap is different:
Mail-1.4.4.jar:   text/plain;;         x-java-content-handler=com.sun.mail.handlers.text_plain
Geronimo:         text/plain;;         x-java-content-handler=org.apache.geronimo.javamail.handlers.TextPlainHandler
So I currently do not know which handler is used. May depend on classloader.

Question:
Should james-jsieve should also switch to mail-1.4.4.jar?
Or does james switch back to geronimo?

(Maybe this would concern activation/geronimo-activation).

Greetings
Bernd