james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Matthieu Baechler <mbaech...@linagora.com>
Subject Re: Marketing catch phrase for a promoting James website
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2016 09:46:26 GMT
Thank you Michael for your answer. My comments bellow.

On 09/13/2016 10:21 AM, Michael Bailly wrote:
> Let me try... disclaimer: I have never been a marketing kingpin
>
> "Apache James is a highly scalable, customizable, Open Source email
> server. It is propelled by Java and promotes open standards."
Ok, James in its current state is not highly scalable, I think we should
not trigger to much expectation about that.

Customizable sounds too restrictive : I would really like to emphasis
the fact James can be instantiated as a backup imap store, as a smart
SMTP relay, a full mail server and everything you can think about. Maybe
customizable is enough, but I'm not sure. WDYT ?

Open Source is definitely too restrictive : it's free software (as in
beer and as in speech)

Finally, it's just a detail, but I would not like to close the door to
other JVM languages, so I prefer to say JVM rather than Java.

> Thank you Laura to take care of the James website !

+1

--
Matthieu Baechler