james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Baburaj KR" <baburaj...@stabilix.com>
Subject RE: Source Of James 3.0 beta 4
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2017 10:33:26 GMT
Hi ,
 I downloaded the source of beta5 from git(master branch).  Is any documentation available
for running this using maven build. What i did is
1) Eclipse download it using git
2) Now eclipse contain only one project called james-project (No source inside it)
3) From eclipse I selected, import existing maven project and pointed to james-project
4) Selected all pom's and imported
5) Now eclipse contains lots of projects
6) I cannot run a successful build using maven.

Can anyone please help me in doing this

Thanking you,
Babu Raj

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthieu Baechler [mailto:mbaechler@linagora.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 9, 2017 1:37 PM
To: server-dev@james.apache.org
Subject: Re: Source Of James 3.0 beta 4

Hi,

Le 08/02/2017 à 16:39, Baburaj KR a écrit :
> Hi Raphael,
>
> I could not check out from the mentioned svn repository to the eclipse.
>
> I am working on health domain:-
> My aim is  to  Remove data at rest(Do not store the mail to database)
>
> 1) I had written a mailet and added it in mailetcontainer.conf,
> 2) The moment it hits, the message will be converted to an object and moved to queue.
A different server will handle the queue.(So the message successfully reached the health database
).
> 3) Everything is working  perfectly fine.
> 4) The only problem is,  mail is saving at the database. My aim is to edit the James
source and comment out the message saving  part and deploy in our mail server.

That's a typical use of James, I'm glad to see it works for you

> Please let me know if any configuration exists in doing this, or how can I download the
James 3.0 beta 4 into my work space.
I don't understand why you need that version : it's several years old now. You should at least
take the beta5 and I recommand you take master that is the most up-to-date and maintained
branch.

Regards,
--
Matthieu Baechler