james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Pablo Pita Leira <pablo.p...@pitagoral.com>
Subject Re: Source Of James 3.0 beta 4
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2017 13:41:38 GMT
I would also like to know if there is a better way to run development
versions of the james server. At the moment I run:

mvn -Pwith-assembly -DskipTests install

It generates the file:

server/app/target/james-server-app-3.0.0-beta6-SNAPSHOT-app.zip

That can be manually deployed as the released versions of the James
server. So unzip it somewhere, and from the bin directory, run it with:

james start

You will need to create the proper configuration files under conf.
You can find example configurations in the sources as well.

Hope it helps,

Pablo

On 15.02.2017 11:33, Baburaj KR wrote:
> Hi ,
>  I downloaded the source of beta5 from git(master branch).  Is any documentation available
for running this using maven build. What i did is
> 1) Eclipse download it using git
> 2) Now eclipse contain only one project called james-project (No source inside it)
> 3) From eclipse I selected, import existing maven project and pointed to james-project
> 4) Selected all pom's and imported
> 5) Now eclipse contains lots of projects
> 6) I cannot run a successful build using maven.
>
> Can anyone please help me in doing this
>
> Thanking you,
> Babu Raj

A different server will handle the queue.(So the message successfully reached the health database
).
>> 3) Everything is working  perfectly fine.
>> 4) The only problem is,  mail is saving at the database. My aim is to edit the James
source and comment out the message saving  part and deploy in our mail server.

> That's a typical use of James, I'm glad to see it works for you
>
>> Please let me know if any configuration exists in doing this, or how can I download
the James 3.0 beta 4 into my work space.
> I don't understand why you need that version : it's several years old now. You should
at least take the beta5 and I recommand you take master that is the most up-to-date and maintained
branch.