james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Matthieu Baechler <mbaech...@linagora.com>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code Draft Proposal
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2017 06:56:23 GMT
Hi Shrumit,

Sorry to give you feedback so late.

You proposal is really excellent. I wouldn't have made "testing" a
separated activity (because, you know, TDD, etc) but that looks good and
I don't think it needs much details.

Keep in mind that the deadline for final Proposal is today, 4 PM UTC.

Regards,

--

Matthieu Baechler

On 04/01/2017 12:44 AM, Shrumit Mehta wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I've made a SoC Project Proposal for improvements to the security protocols. I would
certainly appreciate some feedback.

> The description and subsequent discussion on this project can be found at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-1933.
>

> The Draft project proposal has been submitted through GSoC's internal system but in ASF's
spirit of transparent discussion here's a link to it:

> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VXlWxBNN78p6mpQK3C_UbgNfkQ8aeHqCjbVK3gA1vhw/edit?usp=sharing
>

> I'd appreciate pointers on anything that I need to include or expand upon. I have read
about and understood the general notions behind SPF, DKIM and DMARC protocols. I've also browsed
through the code for the first two libraries (jspf and jdkim). My timeline estimates are based
on that research.