james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release james-server into 3.0.0
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2017 10:41:42 GMT
I have successfully built with skipTests

With tests enabled, it failed two times (one at es module, the other at
the web integration module) to finally succeed after relaunch. This can
be considered and flaky tests and is good to me.

However, when I launch the binary distribution without any change, I get
and exception [1], which is a blocker to me.

Can we fix this, I will try again, and then relaunch a vote?

Also, there are 3 README is the top folder of the distribution tarball:
README
README.crypto
README.txt

README.crypto is fine, but content of the 2 other don't help a new-comer
to start (no information on how to start the server, read the logs...) -
Ideally we should just have a README.md.

Thx, Eric

INFO  12:35:07,284 |
org.apache.james.container.spring.context.JamesServerApplicationContext
| Refreshing
org.apache.james.container.spring.context.JamesServerApplicationContext@60c5aa8d:
startup date [Tue Jul 04 12:35:07 CEST 2017]; root of context hierarchy
WARN  12:35:08,626 |
org.apache.james.container.spring.context.JamesServerApplicationContext
| Exception encountered during context initialization - cancelling
refresh attempt
org.springframework.beans.FatalBeanException: Unable to config the
indexer; nested exception is
org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationException: Unable to load
configuration for component indexer
	at
org.apache.james.container.spring.bean.factorypostprocessor.IndexerConfigurationBeanFactoryPostProcessor.postProcessBeanFactory(IndexerConfigurationBeanFactoryPostProcessor.java:70)
	at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.invokeBeanFactoryPostProcessors(AbstractApplicationContext.java:696)
	at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.invokeBeanFactoryPostProcessors(AbstractApplicationContext.java:686)
	at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:461)
	at
org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:139)
	at
org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:93)
	at
org.apache.james.container.spring.context.JamesServerApplicationContext.<init>(JamesServerApplicationContext.java:40)
	at
org.apache.james.app.spring.JamesAppSpringMain.init(JamesAppSpringMain.java:61)
	at
org.apache.james.app.spring.JamesAppSpringMain.main(JamesAppSpringMain.java:42)
	at
	at
	at
org.tanukisoftware.wrapper.WrapperSimpleApp.run(WrapperSimpleApp.java:240)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationException:
Unable to load configuration for component indexer
	at
org.apache.james.container.spring.lifecycle.ConfigurationProviderImpl.getConfiguration(ConfigurationProviderImpl.java:135)
	at
org.apache.james.container.spring.bean.factorypostprocessor.IndexerConfigurationBeanFactoryPostProcessor.postProcessBeanFactory(IndexerConfigurationBeanFactoryPostProcessor.java:47)
	... 14 more