james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Garry Hurley <garry.hurley...@gmail.com>
Subject Build questions and problems.
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2018 18:26:35 GMT
Hi all.

First of all, I wanted to congratulate you on your efforts to improe Apache
James.  If it worked for me, I would have nothing but praise for you.
However, there are a few things that are keeping it from working for us.
1. In the MailboxAnnotation class, you use the field name 'key' and map it
to a database column name 'KEY'.  How did this pass testing?  JPA still
uses a database that complies with the SQL standard, and 'KEY' (regardless
of case) is a reserved word in SQL.  As a result, the command to create
that table fails every time.
2. When I went to compile the code after fixing this obvious error, I found
that the code requires Docker to even build it.  Why?  That is not listed
on the installation requirements, and is not a standard component in ANY
operating system (except maybe Antsle's AntsleOS or edgeLinux products).
3. Building the code requires test code in the final project.  You have a
dependency in several pom files that test packages exist.
4. POM files also include references to maven plugins that are not
available in any eclipse-maven setup.

So, the question is, can this be built without the Docker dependency, as
Docker is not approved for use in my organization?