james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Levesque <suriv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OT: (Update) Gmail Hates Me (Us?)
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2020 02:55:34 GMT
Hi Jerry,

I send through SES as well, but it was mostly because Hotmail was just
dropping the emails unless the user had the sender's email address in his
contacts. Not putting in "spam" ; just deleting them right away.

For gmail, the first emails I sent were going into the spam and after
unmarking some as "non spam", they never went back in the spam folder. It
was a couple year ago, I wasn't using DKIM, so gmail was nice. I don't know
if that is still the case.

> Still, I have no clue what SES cleans up and/or adds to the email to make
gmail happy
It is just a question of reputation. If you take Amazon, Google, Microsoft,
... they talk together and they whitelist themselves. That's it. Amazon is
scanning the emails that are sent to try to remove spam and if someone
marks an email as spam in gmail, then gmail will tell Amazon and Amazon
will keep track of that bad user and drop him after a certain threshold.

Cheers