jclouds-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Phillips <aphill...@qrmedia.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache jclouds 1.6.1-incubating, RC2
Date Sun, 02 Jun 2013 17:55:17 GMT
> Re the difference with the rc0 commit and now - experience. The
> revert commits are so I could run the release plugin again for the
> next RC, and I didn't do the reverts until I cut the RC. I'm still
> figuring out the best way to do RCs Apache-style combined with the
> Maven release plugin...

Cool, thanks for the explanation. I'm assuming from that that you feel
the "prepare-then-revert" style is preferred (vs. the
"prepare-locally-and-dont-commit").

Fine with me, although I'd be interested to know what the thoughts are
around having multiple commits between the "prepare" and the "revert",
all of which have a "release" version in their POMs.

@mentors: any guidance you can contribute here?

Thanks!

ap