jclouds-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Bayer <andrew.ba...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache jclouds 1.6.1-incubating, RC2
Date Sat, 01 Jun 2013 17:52:51 GMT
Re the difference with the rc0 commit and now - experience. The revert commits are so I could
run the release plugin again for the next RC, and I didn't do the reverts until I cut the
RC. I'm still figuring out the best way to do RCs Apache-style combined with the Maven release
plugin...

A.

On Jun 1, 2013, at 4:27 AM, Andrew Phillips <aphillips@qrmedia.com> wrote:

> Any reason why this time we have a "prepare for release" commit [1] and then, a couple
of commits later (but not immediately afterwards), a revert of that commit [2]?

> I'm comparing it here to the "jclouds-1.6.1-incubating-rc0" tag [3], which was also a
"prepare for release" commit, but which isn't in the 1.6.x tree and wasn't reverted.

> Also, assuming the prepare-then-revert model is the correct way to go, should the revert
come immediately after the "prepare" commit?