jclouds-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache jclouds 1.6.1-incubating RC3
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2013 01:31:08 GMT
+ 1 (IPMC Binding).

I have trying to poke more into the release artifacts. I am a little concerned with NOTICE
file populating inside the jars, but I will need to spend more time to raise concrete concerns.
Since so far all the aspects I reviewed are good, I am voting + 1. Lets see whats others have
to say on the general list. For next release, I will engage early on and will help with L,
N files.

Good job over all,
Suresh

On Jun 16, 2013, at 8:46 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:

> Great progress Andrew with the release artifacts. I am in email catch up mode and might
have missed some discussion. So I will post some discussions first, will hold vote for now
pending this discussion. If these issues have been discussed previously I will vote. Meanwhile,
I will keep looking.

> The signatures all look good, maven builds of all sources success, the nexus repo is
correctly populated (see improvements below), with required NOTICE, LICENSE and DISCLAIMER
files.

clearly say it has to be Apache $Project - http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#notice

> I will not gate this and will vote positively, since the following line clearly says
the software is developed at ASF, but I will rely on other mentor/IPMC opinion on this.

> The NOTICE.txt file in previous iterations (example: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejclouds-015/org/apache/jclouds/api/ec2/1.6.1-incubating/ec2-1.6.1-incubating.jar)
 has significant dependency notices. Why did these notices did not get populated into the
current NOTICE file (example - https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejclouds-016/org/apache/jclouds/api/ec2/1.6.1-incubating/ec2-1.6.1-incubating.jar)

> Here are some non-blocking comments and suggestions for future improvements:
>
> * Please instruct the release vote discussion to [VOTE] and [DISCUSS] threads. As soon
as you post the [VOTE] thread, immediately post a [DISCUSS] email and encourage all review
and discussions to discuss thread. The vote thread is advised to only have votes. Quick reference
examples [1], [2]
> * Please try to post the release artifacts to official dev distribution area [3] instead
of your personal space -  (Note the *dev*, this location is not mirrored, the *release* area
[4] will be).
> * Fix the NOTICE file from jclouds to Apache jclouds
> * Include Project metadata in the parent pom -  Mailing List, Issue Management, Developers.
Example if needed [5].
> * As David already pointed out, try and have atleast 3 apache committers sign your key.
> * I would drop all the cancelled RC nexus repo's before pushing new RC's. Currently you
will see 7 staging repos - https://repository.apache.org/index.html#stagingRepositories. Except
the orgapachejclouds-016, please drop others.