jclouds-dev mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache jclouds 1.6.1-incubating RC3
Date Sun, 16 Jun 2013 16:08:47 GMT
On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 5:22 AM, Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org> wrote:
> Something maybe someone will complain on general incubator@ is the
> content of NOTICE file in
> jclouds-cli-assembly-1.6.1-incubating.zip/tar.gz
> It doesn't contain reference to others included binaries with ASF
> license (as guava etc).
> but IANAL and that's in DEPENDENCIES.
> So +1 (IPMC binding) for me.

Yeah, I agree with Olivier.
I purposefully did not review -assembly as it's a binary, and thus not
part of your release.  I really think that combining a convenience
binary in the same place as the release artifacts is just inviting
confusion and more places to receive criticism, especially while you
are in the incubator. Again - it's not a release artifact, but no need
to cloud the issue.

--David