jclouds-dev mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache jclouds 1.6.1-incubating, RC2
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 13:06:38 GMT
On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 11:03 PM, David Nalley <david@gnsa.us> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 7:58 PM, Andrew Bayer <andrew.bayer@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm extending the vote another 24 hours for our mentors to respond.
>>
>> A.

Looking at jclouds-chef

There are a number of json files that don't have license headers. I
understand json doesn't really have a concept of comments.
That said - there are a number of copyright declarations in some of
those json files.

A side note - those json files are copyrighted by other individuals,
and I think will require NOTICE attributions.

That said - it's a thorny problem, should we try and emulate the
copyright statement of some of the json files that have copyright
statements in them?

I also wonder about resources/LICENSE.txt and resources/NOTICE.txt -
why are those present?

--David