jclouds-dev mailing list archives

From Ignasi <ignasi.barr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reuse checkstyle configuration
Date Sat, 29 Jun 2013 14:25:56 GMT
Yes, that makes sense, but I think I didn't explain properly the problem :)

What you say is the 2nd option I suggested: one default profile that works
for every project in any repo, and a custom profile for jclouds-project to
avoid the dependency issue (but it presents the mvn clean verify
limitation).

To avoid the "mvn clean verify" issue, the default profile should not pick
the checkstyle config from the classpath. This is the current config in
master (but it does not work for other repos as they don't have a copy of
the checkstyle config file). The ideal thing should be to keep this default
profile and have another one that is only active for the other repos, but I
haven't found how to configure it, due to the limitations of the profile
activation I mentioned.

And I'm stuck there.

Does this make sense now, or am I just complicating too much a simple thing
I can't figure out?

Thanks for the follow up!