jclouds-dev mailing list archives

From Sumit Gaur <sumitkg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Perfroamnce degrade for JCloud-OpenStack Swift.
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2014 23:32:14 GMT
Hi Shri,
Thanks for paying attention to it, Please find my answers below:-

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 2:31 AM, Shrinand Javadekar <shrinand@maginatics.com
> wrote:

> Sumit,
>
> I realize that you had sent out a similar email sometime ago about
> performance degradation. I'm not sure if anyone has run these types of
> long running experiments with jclouds. So this may be a first.

Tried to debug it in last 2 weeks without success. Want to understand more
how jclouds code handle this use case or any pointers that this is a
problematic use case would help

> The 409 status is returned because of a conflict [1]. Are you sure you
> didn't have two or more threads trying to delete the same object?

No two threads share the same object key in my programme (String key =
"objkey" + UUID.randomUUID();). It is some kind of race between PUT and DEL
call . If I put say 10 ms sleep between call then there is no 409 error.

> Also, I see that that 409 is returned by Swift if you try to delete a
> container that isn't empty[2]. Is that something your test code
> could've tried?

I am trying to delete objects .. not containers.

> When you say there was a similar test you're trying with curl, are you
> using the curl command-line utility or the libcurl library?

curl command in shell script with for loops.

> How are
> you specifying the number of threads to use and what object each
> thread should get/put/delete?

It is a java test programme using ThreadPoolExecutor. Somthing similiar as
here
http://www.javacodegeeks.com/2013/01/java-thread-pool-example-using-executors-and-threadpoolexecutor.html

Object is a 5KB file. with  key = "objkey" + UUID.randomUUID(); with Pool
of 10  threads.

Hope this would give a good inside. Let me know if you get any problem here.